Pages

Mar 21, 2011

Twitter Lists as a CRM

By: Michael Sim

Amplify’d from www.graphicsms.com
Twitter Lists as a CRM
If you haven't already tried using Twitter lists to enhance your usage of Twitter as a marketing tool, then you're missing out. At the end of this article, there are 3 links that will be of value to you in order to do so. My most recent "ta-da!" moment came when I realized that I could create a private list full of my contacts/clients/prospects, etc. Not only could I still monitor and/or participate in the discussions of my valued clients, but it became very easy to see which client is online and tweeting. Since the lists you follow display tweets in a chronological order, some tweets may be hours, minutes, or even seconds old. It's great for jumping in on questions that pertain to my expertise, sharing a funny link, or even RT a news flash. By communicating and participating in Twitter along with my clients and prospects, it helps take a lot of the "Suit and Tie" out of the equation. In doing so, it makes doing honest and friendly business much easier.



The Process:
I went to my profile (while signed on), and created a new Twitter list. I called it Clients & Prospects, and then selected the box (Make Private).



I then went through my tweets, and put all of the people who I had recently been consulting with into the list. I then created a second list of people who I might like to help out (Target Market), or possibly start talking to in order to create a buzzword and recognition of my services.





One of the most valuable features about a private list is that it does not publicly broadcast your intentions for marketing. Those on the list are not alerted in any way, nor can they see or view the list on your profile page. It is also unavailable to the public, which allows you to remain completely discreet about your categorization of targeted people. Keep in mind now, if you start grouping people together and mass marketing to them with the hopes that you're going to get a positive response, it simply won't happen. That's not what Twitter's about. It's about being a professional, and being recognized for your abilities to do quality work. People tend to forget that earning recognition rather than demanding it will also spread faster than any other form of marketing.



With two Private lists in hand 1. Clients & Prospects and 2. Target Market, I have a focused system that allows me to easily interact with my personal community. When I use Twitter, now I can jump into my new private lists and monitor conversations for opportunities to interact. Every now and then, I may ReTweet one of the tweets from those lists. I may also answer specific questions, share my advise, or refer my associates. By referring people to one another, those I help to connect will most likely remember that gesture and refer others to me in the future.



ReTweeting demonstrates that you agree with, approve of, like, and/or want to share the information of someone else's Tweet. Keep in mind again, ReTweeting for the sake of putting out an RT doesn't really carry much value. ReTweeting something of value shares that value with your community, making your Tweets more influential. The ideal Tweet is one that gets ReTweeted 2+ times. Although rare, they can and will happen more often when you ReTweet valuable content.



The days of the public timeline are coming to a close as people slowly but surely build their followings higher and higher. If you're using Twitter, and you have more than 500-1000 followers, using the Public Timeline is an information overload. There are 1000 different topics, 100's of random conversations, spammers, all coming in by the handful every minute. However, as much as the topic is debated, I truly believe that you are only able to maximize the value of what Twitter can be if you are connected to as many people as possible. Twitter lists are the remedy to that situation. Now, you not only have the ability to categorize all of your followers into specific public lists, but you can use lists as a CRM to better manage your customers and clients.
Read more at www.graphicsms.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment